A Technology Practice Manager at Datarati plays a crucial role in developing innovative solutions for complex technical and digital marketing requirements, but also to build and manage a team of technical consultants to support the delivery of projects. You will be responsible for the end-to-end technical delivery by your Solution Architects who report directly to you from discovery, design, build, test, to deploy, and be accountable for the quality of solution before it is presented to the customer. This role collaborates with Customer Experience Team, Delivery Team, Operations Team, Sales Team, as well as prospective and existing customers. Meeting with C-level, Director-level, management-level and user-level customer contacts, the Solution Architect must be able to easily adapt to each type of conversation, whether it’s strategic and high-level, or highly detailed and technical.
As a Technology Practice Manager, reporting into the Head of Technology, you will be the lead of multiple local Sprint Teams that is managed by a Solution Architect which have ownership to hire, train, and develop their own team members; Technical Architects and Marketing Automation Specialists.
The highly respected role of the Technology Practice Manager is seen as the voice of reason (and realism), and generally focuses on the following key areas:
- Solution Design: Work closely with business stakeholders and technical resources to uncover technical challenges and goals relating to digital marketing, to then develop a solution and roadmap for the success of the customer.
- Technical Execution: Work closely with all the local Sprint Teams (Solution Architects, Technical Architects, Marketing Automation Specialists) to execute the technical solution based on your Solution Design.
- Test: Any technical solution delivered to the client is the responsibility of the Solution Architect, and ultimately the Technology Practice Manager, hence they will be responsible for full end-to-end testing before presenting to customer for UAT.
- Team Management and Training: Not only will you perform end-user training for customers, you will be responsible for training and developing your Sprint team members (Solution Architects, Technical Architects, Marketing Automation Specialists) and also other Datarati employees.
- Live on the Bleeding Edge: Stay up-to-date on product development and roadmap, industry trends, and industry news. Sounds easy, it’s not.
Minimum Requirement: the nitty-gritty...
- B. Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years in consulting and/or implementing Salesforce Marketing Cloud solutions
- Management experience with experience focused exclusively on the digital space
Preferred Skills and Experience: it’d be great if...
- Bachelor’s Degree in Informatics, Computer Science, or Interactive Design
- Understanding of digital marketing best practices
- Experience in business requirements gathering and solution documentation
- Experience Storytelling, Storyboarding, and Customer Journey Mapping
- Experience developing mobile responsive web pages and emails
- Experience in end-user training
- Experience with presentation software including PowerPoint and Keynote
- Pitching ideas, presenting to internal/external stakeholders
- A passion for solving problems
- 8+ years relevant work experience